Teenage is a time in life when we transition from childhood to young adulthood, wherein we learn more about the world and ourselves than we do at any other time in our lives. At this age, teenagers learn the significance of always looking their best. And at such a time, even the smallest blemish in their appearance can spoil your teenager's confidence.
Therefore, it is common for teenagers to undergo teeth alignment procedures to correct their smiles and improve their appearance. But wearing metal braces for a whole year in their teens is also an unpleasant experience. Thankfully, now we have the option of invisible braces for teenagers. The invisalign treatment uses invisible braces that correct teeth misalignment with minimal discomfort.
Benefits of Invisalign for Teens
There are many benefits to using Invisalign for teeth alignment in teenagers. Some of them are listed below –
- Extremely Discreet - Everyone wants perfectly aligned teeth for a flawless smile, but metal braces can make teenagers insecure about their appearance. Invisalign offers teenagers the best of both worlds. The invisible braces are clear plastic, which is a perfect fit for your teeth. They straighten your teeth but are not visible to anyone. The extreme discretion of the Invisalign design, the treatment's effectiveness, and the solution's non-invasive nature make Invisalign perfect for teenagers.
- Easily Removable - Invisalign is easy to remove. Users can remove braces when eating, drinking, brushing teeth, or sleeping. It allows them to maintain cleanliness and dental hygiene while undergoing teeth alignment treatment. On the flip side, metal braces are attached to your teeth with arch wires, making them impossible to remove.
- Improves Self-Confidence - Teenagers are expected to behave like grown-ups but still have deeply impressionable minds. If anything were to damage their self-confidence at this tender age, they may never recover from their low self-esteem. Having misaligned teeth or wearing metal braces can adversely affect a teenager's looks. In turn, this can hamper their self-confidence for a long time.
- Maintains Your Food Freedom - When someone gets metal braces, they must abide by a long list of precautions and prohibitions about food. Hard foods may damage the braces, fibrous foods may get stuck among the wires, and sugary foods can cause amplified tooth decay. With Invisalign, your teen can have complete food freedom. Invisible braces for teens can be removed before eating, so there are no restrictions on what a user can eat.
- Better for Sports - A significant benefit of Invisalign for teens is that they can continue playing sports even while undergoing teeth alignment treatment. Playing sports with metal braces increases the risk of damage to the braces or serious mouth injury. Most doctors recommend that users refrain from sports and intense workouts when using metal braces.
- Lesser Emergencies - Metal braces have many wires and brackets to help attach and tighten them to the teeth. However, these wires and brackets are weak and may crack often. Repeated breakages increase the risk of mouth injuries and compel you to make emergency appointments with your orthodontist. Invisalign braces are made with sturdy, clear plastic that does not damage easily. Moreover, the invisible braces are easily removable whenever needed.
- Shorter Treatment Time - Traditional braces need at least 18 to 24 months for the complete alignment and healing process to take effect. On the other hand, Invisalign braces need only 6 to 15 months to correct the misalignment and enable the teeth to heal in their new positions.
What All Parents Should Remember Before Getting Invisalign for Their Teens?
- Great Choice for Teens with Mild to Moderate Issues - Teenagers with mild to moderate issues like overcrowding of teeth or asymmetrical spacing among teeth can benefit the most from Invisalign treatment. Although the definition of mild to moderate can differ for different people, your orthodontist can help you determine whether or not your teenager's teeth alignment needs fall in this category.
- Your Teenager Needs to Commit - The responsibility for the success of teeth alignment treatment lies with the user. The self-discipline to use the aligners for the designated twenty-two hours, maintain oral hygiene and persevere with the treatment even when they feel discomfort. Remember that your teenager must have the maturity to commit to the treatment and follow the doctor's instructions.
- Regular Orthodontic Visits are Essential - During misalignment treatment, your teenager must visit the orthodontist regularly. The doctor can monitor the progress, change the braces as required, and check for symptoms of decay. It will help your teen get the best results out of the Invisalign treatment.
If your teenager or you are looking for teeth misalignment treatment, talk to us at the Central Park North Orthodontics and an Invisalign specialist will be happy to give you a detailed consultation. Examination can help our orthodontics determine the best course of treatment. Usually, all alignment correction can be done with Invisalign.
Invisalign is a great way to correct misalignment and improve your smile, for both – grown ups and teenagers. There are many benefits of Invisalign for Teens as shown above, and it is the best way to treat teeth misalignment with discretion, minimum invasion, and freedom of food.